Banana Cream Pie
If you have never eaten this, well you are in for a mouth explosion. Possibly one of the best desserts ever.
9 egg yolks
2 ¼ C warm milk
¾ C cold milk
1 ¼ C sugar
¾ C flour
1.5 oz of butter
½ tsp of banana extract
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
chocolate chunk pieces (comes in a bag like chocolate chips)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ C melted butter
2 pks of graham crackers
1. Warm up 2 ¼ C milk.
2. In a large bowl sift sugar and flour together. Stir in egg yolks and ¾ C of cold milk. Slowly temper in warm milk while blending (to keep from scrambling the eggs).
3. Heat mixture on the stove until its thick. (approx 30 min)
4. Remove from heat and stir in 1.5 oz of butter, vanilla and banana extract. Set aside.
5. For crust, crush graham crackers into chunky pieces (not powder). Combine with cinnamon and melted butter. Form mixture into a pie plate.
6. Bake crust for 8-10minutes at 300 degrees.
7. Sprinkle about 20 small chocolate pieces onto bottom of crust. Pour mixture over top and chill for 3 hours.
8. Cover top of pie with whipped cream and sprinkle on a few more chocolate pieces. You may also want to garnish with a few banana slices on the side of your plate. I dont recommend putting them in the pie because they turn brown. Its better tho have them fresh.
Enjoy this recipe! It is delicious!