17 Years Ago!
17 years ago I was dressed in white, waiting to come down the isle. The man of my dreams was waiting for me to meet him. He stood with his groomsman and tears in his eyes as I came to join him. That day my life forever changed. That day I joined my life to the most amazing man I have ever met, his name is Troy Maxwell.
There are so many reasons why I love this man. I am going to list out just a few of them.
1. He knows just how to wrap his arms around me and make the rest of the world disappear. He is such a great protector of my heart.
2. He loves Jesus.
3. He has character. He aligns his life with the Word of God and stands firm, that is so attractive to this chick!
4. He is an encourager. He sees the silver lining around every gray cloud.
5. He is a great leader. Wherever he is, he is leading.
6. He loves Jesus!
7. He is a great father! He never had a father figure but still managed to be a great one to our kids.
8. He is very domesticated! He blesses me around the house all of the time with things like doing laundry!
9. He is smokin’ hot!! He is my rock star and gets even better looking with age!
10. He lives life with purpose. He is a visionary.
11. He loves Jesus!
12. He is not satisfied with ordinary. He believes in doing and being your best.
13. He is a loyal and faithful friend. Not just to me but to all who call him friend.
14. He likes to shop with me! Shoot, that one is right behind loving Jesus! Yeah baby!
15. He lets me be me. He loves the person God made me to be and encourages me to stay true to that.
16. He is sensitive but strong. That combo is so amazing.
17. He loves Jesus!
18. He is a great role model. Not just for me and the kids, but to anyone he meets.
19. He stands through storms. I have seen him not waiver when most people would have been blown over. I love that about him.
20. Did I mention he loves Jesus?
So those are just a few of the reasons why I love Troy Alan Maxwell. There are many more but I am not sure I have that much memory on my computer to list it all out!
Honestly, from a girl who’s parents were married a total of 8 times, who grew up in a dysfunctional home, this kind of relationship I never knew existed. I never knew it was possible to be this in love with someone and have a marriage that is so amazing. I am truly blessed and I thank God every day. God knew it was possible because that is how he created marriage to be. Marriage is God’s design. Thank you God for what you did 17 years ago! I am forever grateful for such an amazing gift!
Punkin Pie, I love you!