10 Things I Cannot Stop Thinking About!
1. How cool it is to get to live my dream each week. I love serving the Lord in the capacity I do, even though it is not easy, it is the most incredible thing I could ever do. I love it! I love watching people come to know Jesus and seeing them snatched from hell each and every week. To me there is nothing more powerful I could do with my life.
2. How thankful I am for true friends. I have really been learning how to be a great friend and how to have great friends. I always want to surround myself with awesome people who love life as much as I do and want to live it to the fullest. It feels good to know that they will be there through thick and thin, always ready to support me. They know I would do the same for them. I love my friends!
3. I keep thinking about a pastor friend of mine who has a hard time communicating with people, especially those who are not in his/her generation. Troy and I have tried to talk to them but it does not seem that they are listening. They tend to do things “old school” and talk down to people. I have been thinking about this a lot because I see the problems it is creating for them. They just won’t listen to people though. It makes me sad for them. I have been thinking about this A LOT! I also pray that my heart will never be in place where I think I have arrived and won’t listen to anyone anymore. It is just not a good place to be in.
4. Our new building. I have been thinking about how cool it will be to move in and to see a vision come to pass. I heard a pastor of a mega church the other day talk about how it took him 10 years to get in his building because of all these issues that came up for them with the city. I am thankful that will not be our story. We do however need some people who are sold out to the vision of Freedom House to step up financially and join with the rest of us in committing their finances to see this happen. There are always those people who sow for those who are to come. There were people who sowed in the past for the people who sit each week at Freedom House now.
5. My family members who are not living for Jesus. I think about this a lot as I watch them royally mess up. Their relationships are a total mess and it is disturbing to me to see. Enough of this, I don’t want to get on my soap box and I very well could on this matter.
6. I have a close friend who seems like he is having a hard time with forgiveness. It hurts me to see him do this because he is one of the most incredible men I know. I am not sure why he is doing this and I have racked my brain trying to figure it out. I feel like hurt/fear/insecurity are the culprits here but it is his decision to get free. It is hard when you see someone who has more potential in their pinky than most people do in their whole body get whipped by the devil like he is. It has actually been very painful for me to watch. I know he will walk through this though. I have faith. In fact I have even seen a change in the spirit lately with him. I think he is on his way back to his rightful place.
7.How awesome my kids and my husband are. Not a day goes by that I do not think this. I am amazed by them each and every day!!! I love them more than my own life. I just cannot fathom how much God must love me to give me such incredible people to live my life with. Did I mention how beautiful they all are?
8. What great people there are at Freedom House Church. I love to hang out with people from my church. I am so thankful for them and what they mean to me. How awesome it is to get to spend life with real, authentic, amazing people. I just love them all!
9. How thankful I am to be living the life I am living. Had Jesus not have come in and changed my life, I have no idea where I would be. I am so glad I will never know. I plan on spending the rest of my life serving Jesus!
10. Going to the next level. As a church, an individual, a staff, leader, and any other area you could think of. I think about all of us growing and going to the next level together. I don’t think God is a God of “good enough”. I am always looking to grow in each and every area of my life and I think about all of us taking that journey together.
What is it that you cannot stop thinking about? I would love to know.