Shrinking Pastor Lessons Con’t
6. Eat well-I am learning to choose foods that energize my body and make me feel good not yucky after I eat them. I am learning to make very good choices for fuel. Food is fuel for my body and I need to pick things that make my body run well. I am also learning to eat small meals all day long as opposed to 3 big meals. It helps my body burn fuel and it helps me to not feel sluggish during the day. I still teat myself but even my junk food is usually free of chemicals and preservatives. I do have little obsessions at times but I try to limit those and pick things that make my insides smile. (Ok that is what I tell my kids as I am trying to teach them to pick healthy foods too, they ask me all the time when they eat something good, “Mommy, are my insides smiling?”)
7. Be of good courage-There were times I felt discouraged but most of the time I knew some how, some way there was an answer out there for me. I know that God is the only reason I was able to have courage because I look back at old pictures and honestly don’t know how I did it. It is because I didn’t, God did. He kept me with my chin up and my confidence high. It was only Him. I am truly amazed and humbled by all that He did to keep me. It is hard to believe that I had those symptoms for so many years and still unequivocally walked in my calling, which happens to be on a public platform. It is hard to go through that publicly but honestly, I have to say Jesus is the ONLY reason I came through that.
8. Be thankful-I have learned to be thankful not only when I have the breakthrough but while I am sitting in the pit too. As hard as it was some days, I could always find something to be thankful about. It really helped me to do that because there is always something to rejoice about in our lives and I did not want one situation to whip me when there were so many other amazing things God was doing in my life and in those around me. I learned thankfulness in the process. My favorite part is being thankful it is over though. That is the thankfulness I like the best.
9. Reward yourself-I was so excited to have made accomplishments in my health that I decided that I was going to reward myself for each victory along the way. Some of those rewards included a new bathing suit, new jeans, and things that just made me feel better. I mean I had to buy new clothes anyway, so why not let it be ok to reward myself for reaching my goal–to be healthy and have balanced hormone levels. I want to be proud of where I am and if it means getting those skinny jeans like I have always wanted, I was going to do that.
10. Don’t give up-Never, never, never quit! Even if I had to go to tons of doctors again, I would do whatever it took to see the results I was looking for. Being a quitter, even if you have to explore down the wrong path at times, is never an option. There is an answer out there if you never let yourself quit or grow weary in your quest. I felt frustrated at times and like I was just wasting time, and sometimes I was. But, what I now know is that it was all part of my process and I am thankful for each and every thing I have learned and am still learning through this experience. It was not easy and I can say there are times where I hear the enemy’s voice try to put fear on me of returning to the way things were, but last time I checked, the enemy has been defeated already. So don’t let his voice be louder than the voice that can pull you through any situation, the voice of JESUS!