Breaking Barriers 2
My wife and I always heard that when you go from two children to three, everything changes. (You move from man-to-man defense into zone.) Raising three children (or six in our case) is much different than raising two. It takes a different mindset. Our schedules are different. Our interaction is different. A lot is different.
If your church is going to grow from:
70 to 120
180 to 250
400 to 700
1,200 to 1,800
2,500 to 6,000
7,000 to 20,000
25,000 to 100,000
You are going to have to change your mindset. Much of what you are doing now won’t work later. Some things that will be different:
- Your relationship with staff and church members
- Your meetings, organizational structure, policies, and financial management
- Your schedule
- Your inward comfort or discomfort
- Your style of leadership
- Your means of communication
- Your family
If you are unwilling to change and grow, your organization will not likely follow.
- Find someone who is where you want to be and learn from them. Don’t just try to learn what they do, but learn how they think.
- And pray like you’ve never prayed before that God will grow you as a leader.