It’s Not Working Yet!
My husband is going to Guatemala to see how Freedom House Church Guatemala is going. He will be speaking there and he is also visiting some missionary friends as well. He loves missions and he loves to see new works start. He is also going to take a few days just to rest and regroup after that portion of his trip too. Every two years he takes a couple of days to do that and it really helps him to stay focused and infused with energy. I totally get that.
So, because I always miss him when he is gone I decided I would think of all of the funny reasons why it is good that he is gone. I have come up with some ya know. You think it will help me not miss him as much? We’ll try it out!
- I will not have to shave my legs for a week!
- My kids can be fed Spaghetti O’s for dinner and everyone will be happy, no gourmet meals!
- There will not be 12 hits on my checking account that say Starbucks. (Unless they just put one in Guatemala)
- There will be no size 34 jeans to pick up, no size 10 shoes to put away and no coffee cups to wash out.
- I will not have to hunt for the toothpaste.
- I will not hear the sounds of Halo shots being fired at 1 am. Lookout, incoming……….
- The toilet paper roll will remain full.
- No remote control wrestling.
- Snore-free sleeping! Wahoo!
- No alarm clock snooze being hit 10 times!
Well, it is not working yet. I still am gonna miss him. Thought I would try it out though.